Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 12:10 AM
Transportation Coordinator : R/M Orlando
AMR/RURAL METRO ORLANDO TRANSPORT COORDINATOR
FLSA STATUS: Non:exempt
DEPARTMENT: Communications LOCATION:Orlando
REPORTS TO:Communications Manager/Operations Manager
The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for receiving and scheduling requests for emergency and nonemergency ambulance transportation from various sources, to include the establishment of effective communications with the person requesting transportation and eliciting information necessary for dispatching the most appropriate EMS response. The Transportation Coordinator will also be responsible for verifying that the patient meets medical necessity requirements for nonemergency ambulance transport as well as obtaining the necessary information to insure successful collection of transportation fees.
ESSENTAIL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Utilizes information received from healthcare provider, patient, or family to coordinate appropriate medical and non:medical transportation.
2. Recommends the appropriate unit(s) to respond, based upon the type of call, priority, and availability of unit(s).
3. Responsible for coordinating the scheduling of nonemergency transports to insure the most efficient utilization of system resources.
3. Must possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of facility contracts and billing arrangements of the operating unit.
4. Will be responsible for monitoring response times to nonemergency ambulance calls with a goal of maintaining the highest possible on time reliability.
5. May be required to obtain billing information on non:emergency calls and enter information into computerized billing system.
6. Communicates in writing and verbally with Dispatchers to ensure on time performance and quality customer service.
7. Suggests routes for medical and non:medical units to follow.
8. Interacts with Dispatcher to ensure proper unit utilization.
9. Responsible for timely generating of applicable reports and checking for accuracy.
10. Maintains a current working knowledge of all company policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and memorandums.
11. Serves as Liaison between facility and organization.
12. Interacts with the Quality Assurance Specialist and members of PBS to address issues of claim denial(s) and appeal(s).
13. Works with the Quality Assurance Specialist to coordinate theClear and Complete Program. Interacts with and is able to function as a medical necessity assessor by performing on:scene assessments.
14. Provides input for the development and implementation of the Ambulance Placement Strategy as it pertains to nonemergency call load.
15. Follows established parameters/formats in receiving requests for service.
16. Assists Business development by participating in marketing and serves as liaison with medical facilities regarding medical necessity.
17. Any other duties/responsibilities as assigned and/or directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge in reading and writing English.
2. Ability to communicate clearly on the telephone.
3. Ability to function effectively in stressful situations.
4. Working knowledge of Operations policies and procedures.
5. Thorough knowledge of EMS and other public safety resources available in the area.
6. Must possess excellent organizational skills.
7. Ability to record, transmit, and report information accurately.
8. Must meet minimal competency scores
• Location: Orlando
• Post ID: 29931687 orlando