Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 1:07 AM
Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women's and children's health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Full Medical, Dental and Vision benefits effective on your first day of employment
Company Matching 401 K
Company Paid Life Insurance and Long:term Disability
Generous PTO and Paid Holidays
Medical Assistants role combine clinical and administrative duties.
In the administrative role, assists in running the clinic including scheduling, maintain and update medical records/charts, and general interaction and communication with patients, family members, and insurance companies.
In the clinical role, room patients, answer phones, triage patient messages, complete FMLA/Disability paperwork, schedule follow up and post:operative appointments also, may assist physicians and mid:levels with light medical procedures.
1) Takes patient vital signs, medical histories, prepare patient for tests or examinations, explain procedures to patient, assist physician during exam, calling in prescriptions to pharmacies and may prepare patient (depending on location) for X:rays.
2)Frequent communiciation with physicians and MLPs to discuss patient concerns requiring thorough knowledge of processes and issues.
3)Following standard operating procedures for Certified Medical Assistants performs basic medical procedures such as clean and dress patient wound or remove sutures and staples as directed by the MLP or physician.
4) Work with patients to schedule appointments/medical procedures, process insurance forms, FMLA forms, update patient charts and records. Identify and resolve problems in reasonableness of FMLA requests, insurance pre:certifications, etc.
5) Maintain a professional and courteous demeanor when answering phones, greeting or corresponding with patients, co:workers and physcians. Create, maintain and update patient medical records in system always keeping patient medical records confidential.
1 year minimum medical assistant experience required
Previous experince in an Orthopedic environment is preferred
Knowledge and Skills
Flexibility and ability to multitask are essential; professional and curteous communications; sense of urgency and a thorough understanding of a medical facility processes and practices required.
High School Diploma and Medical Assistant Certification required.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled
• Location: Orlando, sanford
• Post ID: 29790367 orlando