Temporary WiFi Network Architect - Crown Castle International Corp (Orlando, Florida)
The WiFi Network Architects role is to develop and maintain the high-level design plan for the overall logical and technical WiFi network architecture, including all wired/wireless and core components. This individual will provide technical leadership and consulting across the organization, from strategic decision making down to the project planning level. The WiFi Network Architect will gain organizational commitment for all high-level infrastructure plans, and initiate and participate in projects to evaluate technologies and methods for implementing these plans.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with end users and senior management to define business requirements for complex systems development and gain buy-in for all infrastructure plans.
- Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to Service Assurance and Service Delivery WiFi Engineers
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of companys existing WiFi network architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Review new and existing WiFi projects, systems designs, and procurement/outsourcing plans for compliance with WiFi standards and architectural plans.
- Interact with project teams and provide leadership for the identification and validation of architectural design.
- Define, document and advocate the system architecture.
- Define, document, advocate and enforce design standards.
- Identify, research, select and introduce appropriate new technologies and techniques to current architecture.
- Understand and communicate cost-benefit issues and associated risks relating to system architecture integrity, sustainability and manageability.
- Support other IT staff with production problems by participating in problem resolution activities.
- Attend daily production meetings while on-call and keep apprised of change requests in preparation for the meeting.
- Bachelors Degree in MIS, technical degree or equivalent experience
- Masters Degree preferred
- A minimum of seven (7) years of related experience in a technical capacity
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and Internet standards including IP, BGP and OSPF routing protocols, SSL and IPSEC virtual private networking, Internet security including firewall and Internet content caching and filtering applications
- Detail working knowledge of ARUBA and CISCO WiFi network systems
- Detail working knowledge of Layer 1, 2, and 3 networking protocols
- Working knowledge of NetMRI, Cisco NCS/MSE, Aruba Airwave and Clearpass platforms
- Detail working knowledge of core network routing and Firewalls
- Familiar with PCI compliance standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent technical architecture and technical support documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
Reports to: WiFi Network Manager
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Provide 24x7 on-call support in a predefined rotation.RequirementsSee Job Description
• Post ID: 7836680 orlando