Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC-CLERK TYPIST SPECIALIST F/C-CENTRAL FLORIDA RECEPTION CENTER
Salary: $767.94 BI-WEEKLY
Posting Closing Date: 03/14/2018
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
Clerk Typist Specialist-F/C 70023421
This advertisement is for a position located at Central Florida Reception Center.
SALARY WILL BE $767.94 BI-WEEKLY.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares correspondence, memorandums, and assists/performs clerical duties for the Classification Department.
- Completes clerical duties within the Inmate Records area as assigned by the Correctional Sentence Specialist. This may include completing Support Staff audits on newly received inmates, maintenance and accountability of inmate files, and preparing forms and documents for the Inmate Records area.
- Inputs data into the CDC data base system and retrieves and prints requested information.
- Receives, date stamps and sorts mail for the Classification Department. Ensures all mail is promptly distributed to the appropriate staff.
- Copies, scans, and faxes documents using the appropriate equipment.
- Provides clerical assistance and support with Special Projects assigned to the Classification Department.
- Answers telephone calls professionally and provides customer service to include assisting inmate families. Promptly forwards or takes information for telephone inquiries to be completed by other Classification Staff.
- Provides any requested clerical duties as assigned by the Immediate Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of computer software including applications.
- Skill in typing.
- Ability to operate general office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively
If you experience problems applying on-line, please call People First service center at 1-877-562-7287.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the closing date.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes,candidates eligible for Veterans Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply.Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 30670637 orlando