Job Requisition ID: 9224
The Sr. Financial Analyst role with the Sales Operations Finance team will be responsible for assisting with annual budget, financial forecasts, capital investments, incentive compensation, in depth- analytics, and other business issues requiring financial analysis to support the sales team and the business. The role will report to the Director of Finance and will act as a financial and analytical support function for a sales team.
- Assist with the Annual Budget / Forecast Process.
- Gather and compile data for budget analysis as well as in-depth analytics to support strategies in growing the business.
- Prepare monthly business reporting and variance analysis.
- Analyze results and forecasts.
- Assisting the sales team in pipeline management.
- Assist in the incentive compensation process.
- Ad hoc analysis when necessary.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Detailed working knowledge of MS Office; Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Advanced skills in MS Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs, data analysis)
Preferred Education and Experience:
- MBA/ Masters a plus
- Knowledge of accounting principles and financial analysis
- Prior project management skills
- Prior SAP experience a plus
- Prior SFDC experience a plus
Preferred Knowledge and Abilities:
- Business partnering skills with a high degree of accuracy/reliability and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Flexibility to work as position demands
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to changing deadlines, and prioritizes work appropriately
- Proven ability to act with confidentiality, discretion and flexibility
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English essential, comfort in working with multi-location teams
- Analytical skills for the purpose of providing the best financial reporting solutions
- Aptitude to own and manage small to medium sized projects.
Travel: up to 10%
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing peoples lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit (link removed)
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 28744062 orlando