What you’ll be doing...
You’ll join our cutting-edge audit team and positively impact the way we do business. Continuous improvement is essential to our success and you’ll act as a change agent, providing objective evaluations of our internal systems and processes to identify areas of risk and operational efficiency. Your highly visible role will involve collaborating with other members of the internal audit team and business units to review existing practices. Developing plans and supporting your internal partners to understand the key role they play in maintaining strong internal controls will be critical in reducing risk, increasing operational efficiency, and protecting our shareholders, customers, and employees.
- Designing and executing financial and operational audit programs that target high-risk areas in the company’s controls, systems, and processes.
- Identifying gaps and areas for improvement and evaluating their significance and potential business impact.
- Presenting practical recommendations to senior leaders and preparing written audit reports to document your findings.
- Collaborating with and educating process owners regarding the importance of maintaining strong internal controls and the role of internal audit.
- Acting as a high visibility leader to drive organizational change and guide the business to a successful future state.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a change agent, willing to take a stance on important issues while acting with the utmost tact and diplomacy on sensitive issues. As a strong written and verbal communicator, you build trust and credibility quickly and enjoy working with a diverse range of people at all levels of the organization. People rely on you for your critical thinking skills and sound judgment in objectively evaluating the implications of your findings. You like to adopt a systematic and disciplined approach to leading projects and driving results through the team. Motivating and inspiring people to perform at their best is personally rewarding. No stranger to a fast-paced environment, you juggle competing priorities and never lose your focus on deliverables and timelines.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in accounting, business or finance.
- CPA or CIA certification in progress, or willingness to pursue CPA.
- Public accounting, information systems, risk, and operational based audit experience.
- Experience managing projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Worked with large enterprise-reporting-platforms like PeopleSoft or SAP environment.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2405054-senior-internal-auditor
• Post ID: 28796037 orlando