What you’ll be doing...
The FP&A Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Center of Excellence Team
Reshaping the future of FP&A at Verizon, calls for improving our ability to deliver exceptional value to our customers. Being a part of the Center of Excellence (COE) team you will work alongside financial professionals and business leaders, gaining opportunities to grow and develop to build a strong FP&A foundation. You will be involved in
, target setting, reporting & analysis, planning and forecasting, and guiding the strategic direction across Verizon. Explore the breadth of opportunities that come with aligning your expertise with the future of superior networks, systems, analytics and video, to improve the way people live work and play.
- Develop the first draft of standard reporting (e.g. template updates, charts), presentation materials; and profitability (costing) analysis and reports to drive decision-making.
- Conduct initial in-depth analysis of the business as defined by the Service Delivery team.
- Analyze risks and opportunity considerations and draft insights to guide executives on business decisions.
- Provide initial draft of the commentary and business insight for inclusion in business performance reviews and assists in the development of resolutions for business performance issues.
- Execute profitability scenario(s) and analyzes results at the direction of business unit and Service Delivery team.
- Identify updates and analyzes profitability models and analyze benchmarking information and data.
- Address customer inquiries regarding Actual, Commitment View, Best View, Business Plan, capital needs, specific sensitivity/trending/NPV analysis, and metric related information in coordination with Service Delivery teams and other Center of Excellence disciplines.
- Recommend updates to possible scenarios, associated risks and opportunities around business performance.
- Communicate with stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
What we’re looking for...
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or four or more years of work experience
- Two or more years of work experience in a Financial Planning & Forecasting or Reporting & Analysis role
- Two or more years of experience using Microsoft Excel, including the ability to perform lookups, pivot tables and nested if/then statements and sum/if formulas
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Master's degree or professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA, CFA)
- Four or more years of work experience in a Financial Planning & Forecasting or Reporting & Analysis role
- Experience with management reporting and/or financial planning/modeling (e.g., forecasting, budgeting, business planning)
- Experience with reporting and/or analyzing full P&L statement
- Experience with a large (i.e., Fortune 500) corporate environment
- Experience with data mining or planning applications (e.g., Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion, Anaplan, Cognos or Business Intelligence tools)
- Experience with large datasets as well as OBIEE, Tableau, SQL, and/or similar data mining tools
- Experience with complex ERP systems (e.g., SAP, PeopleSoft)
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, including demonstrated ability to engage with colleagues; ability to understand and explain business and financial terms and concepts
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to receive and respond to FP&A requests
- Demonstrated ability to cooperate and work effectively within a team
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Participation in a Corporate Leadership Development Program
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2404873-senior-financial-analyst-reporting-and-analysis
• Post ID: 29909312 orlando