What you’ll be doing...
The Senior Financial Analyst Commissions position contributes to the delivery of Commissions services as an Individual Contributor working on analyses, trending, reporting and testing in a specific area within Commissions.
- Demonstrate understanding of compensation plans and policies or Agent contracts as well as a basic knowledge of incentive management, financial, accounting, and additional support systems.
- Key activities will include the following: Review and analyze compensation data. Review audit reports. Respond to inquiries from the field regarding compensation. Reconcile and resolve discrepancies. Respond to internal Commission inquiries. Assist Management with complex compensation issues as necessary.
- Demonstrate understanding of systems and interdependencies of processes to drive the business toward the development of systems that enable process improvement.
- A key responsibility of this position is to identify any improvement opportunities in this area and, if asked to, contribute to the design and implementation of new processes or procedures as a result of identifying improvement opportunities.
- Value is provided to the enterprise by constantly improving the processes associated with the systems (e.g., CCRS and dependent systems) and delivery of Commissions services to provide timely, accurate information and to ultimately safeguard Verizon assets.
- Serve as a point of contact for assigned employees or agents, and handle complex compensation inquires. Provide support to all aspects of compensation. Participate in the training as required for job function.
- Responsible for ensuring that any and all research, adjustments, analysis, and documentation related to compensation are in compliance with SOX, Company Policy, & Audit.
- Analyze and interpret reports for managers providing recommendations to guide business decisions.
- Undertake complex projects and provide guidance on project related issues as needed.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Finance, Accounting, and/or Finance Ops related experience.
- Query tool experience (e.g., SQL/Cognos).
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of Products (including Excel, Access & PowerPoint).
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting, or Finance.
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- Previous experience in compensation related field.
- Experience in the technology or telecommunications industry.
- Skills within finance discipline to effectively perform routine to complex assignments.
- Familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and technologies as well as applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices.
- The ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and to lead and drive operational initiatives.
- High standard of personal performance, independent thinker, works effectively in dynamic, fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- Analytical skills combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with seasoned management.
- Demonstrated skills for business success, including project management, problem-solving, and the ability to diagnose and meet business demands.
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2368911-senior-financial-analyst-commissions
• Post ID: 28437907 orlando