What you’ll be doing...
At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
The primary focus will be to ensure that we are in Compliance with all regulations and all audit requests are fulfilled (both internal & external auditors).
- Responsible for ensuring that any and all research, adjustments, analysis, and documentation related to compensation are in compliance with SOX, Company Policy, & Audit.
- Create dashboards and reporting packages utilizing technical tools such as Tableau, SQL, and VBA.
- Actively participate in User Acceptance Testing activities associated with new or modified systems to ensure systems are properly paying when enhancements/adjustments, new compensation plans, or new Agent contracts are implemented.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of compensation plans and policies or Agent contracts as well as a basic knowledge of incentive management, financial, accounting, and additional support systems.
- Create complex queries and reporting to support month end close, operational analysis/metrics, executive management reporting, and compliance.
- Undertake complex projects and provide reporting, guidance and analysis on project related issues as needed.
- This position contributes to the delivery of Commissions services as an Individual Contributor working on analyses, trending, reporting and testing in a specific area within Commissions.
- Provide data/analysis as needed to the Accounting team to support the monthly/quarterly financial close process.
- Work to support the team as assigned enabling the business through technology enhancements with various assigned tasks to collect and assimilate data.
- Provide guidance and technical expertise to team members.
- Demonstrate understanding of systems and interdependencies of processes to drive the business toward the development of systems that enable process improvement.
- Value is provided to the enterprise by constantly improving the processes associated with the systems (e.g., CCRS and dependent systems) and delivery of Commissions services to provide timely, accurate information and to ultimately safeguard Verizon assets.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree in Accounting.
- A broad range of skills within finance discipline to effectively perform routine to complex assignments.
- Familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and technologies as well as applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices.
- The ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and to lead and drive operational initiatives.
- High standard of performance, independent thinker, works effectively in dynamic, fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- Expert in using query tools to extract and manipulate data (SQL/Cognos).
- Experience with SOX Regulations and Governance.
- Experience with Compliance.
- Experience with Tableau Dashboards.
- Previous experience in compensation related field.
- Familiarity with Compensation, Billing, and Order Entry systems.
- Experience in the technology or telecommunications industry.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2465294-senior-financial-analyst-commissions-operations
• Post ID: 29909302 orlando