What you’ll be doing...
This position supports general accounting functions and reports to an Accounting Supervisor or Sr. Accounting Manager. A majority of the responsibilities will be to assist the Sr. Manager or Supervisor with the monthly close process.
- Performs complex analytical assignments and prepares accounting related reports.
- Provides expertise on processes or issues to the assigned team and work stream.
- Coordinates the recording of month end accounting activity.
- Performs analysis and coordinates with partners to resolve any differences.
- Analyzes and interprets reports for managers providing recommendations to guide business decisions.
- Undertakes accounting projects and provides guidance on accounting issues as needed.
- Fields issue escalations from internal customers or delivery partners and responds to customer inquiries as requested, ensuring issue and error resolution.
- Leads reviews for accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Maintains records for routine accounting transactions.
- Prepares reconciliations of accounts, actively investigates reconciling items to resolve timely.
- Demonstrates familiarity with a broad variety of data sources supporting accounting from various technologies with the applicable requirements for analysis.
- Actively engages clients and users in defining accounting business processes supported by process changes or system solutions and uses business cases for full development of business requirements and needs.
- Supports developing, implementing, and maintaining, procedures and policies for the accounting function.
- May act as a project manager for small to medium sized projects, leading a team of peers and subordinates in a matrix organization. Value is provided to the enterprise by participating in the identification of improvements to accounting processes in order to provide timely, accurate information and to ultimately safeguard enterprise assets.
- Compares system outputs with daily input verifying for accuracy and resolves discrepancies.
- This position will also take a more leading role in the company’s efforts to comply with the requirements of Sarbanes Oxley. Ensures compliance and adherence with controls for internal policies and external regulations.
- Leads or participates, as required, in training and skills development initiatives as a subject matter expert.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in the preparation of General Ledgers, Fixed Assets Accounting, Knowledge of FASB requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and applications such as SAP, PeopleSoft, CPM/Essbase, Hyperion Financial Management, and Blackline.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including Excel.
Even better if you have:
- Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or equivalent.
- CPA certification or in the process of attaining the CPA certification.
- Experience in the technology or telecommunications industry.
- Attention to detail; strong written and oral communications skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2277047-senior-accountant-general-accounting
• Post ID: 28796017 orlando