What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Treasury Cash Management and Financing execution team. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support.
This is the kind of work we do.
Corporate Treasury Team
Move beyond compiling data and help provide value added ideas to improve execution of capital markets transactions and cash management processes. The Treasury positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, initiating cash transactions, leveraging Treasury/Banking products and safeguarding corporate cash. You can have an impact on new business opportunities by assisting in bank account integration and legal entity rationalization.
- Provide consulting support to department members on the technical aspects of cash management systems, software and transactions.
- Initiate projects to improve productivity and/or reduce costs through the application of information management technologies. This includes analyzing requirements, evaluating various alternatives, developing initial design and determining action plans for implementation.
- Evaluating and enhancing the communication and interfaces to and from other Verizon systems with respect to differing types of financial transactions.
- Design, develop and support specialized Treasury cash management applications and effects on cash reporting.
- Act as a liaison between Treasury and major financial institutions on information management issues.
- Monitor information management trends in corporate cash management, banking and application of new techniques to increase the department’s productivity.
- Support the Treasury Intranet Home page and manage information integrity of financial reports associated with all Treasury departments on the home page.
- Manage and support Quantum. Provide ongoing support to internal Quantum users. Ensure efficient use of QT. Provide technical support for day to day functions and projects for the following groups - Cash Management, International Cash Management, and Banking Relations.
- Monitor, test and update Disaster Recovery plans. Ensure that appropriate plans are in place for both US and International Cash Management.
- Maintain the treasury website. Manage access to bank websites.
- Ensure coverage of all system functions when team members are out of the office.
- Guide the overall strategic and tactical direction for the team.
- Ensure the team successfully executes on daily system functions and provide guidance on Treasury industry trends.
- Partner with Center of Excellence to establish service level agreements and drive continuous improvements.
- Manage the team employee life cycle processes (Recruiting, Performance, Development, Career and Compensation).
- Present and communicate to all levels of the business.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of Treasury, Accounting, and/or financial analysis.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- SQL knowledge in Oracle and MS SQL Server.
- Experience with Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office Suite with proven focus on spreadsheet applications.
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Understanding of corporate treasury, banking reporting products, and bank services.
- Proficiency in Treasury applications (i.e. Quantum, Reval, etc.)
- Experience with Advanced Visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
- Experience deploying and adapting to new and emerging tools (e.g., robotic process automation, natural language generation, etc.)
- Skilled at integrating internal and external information and turning findings or raw data into meaningful information
- Proficiency with statistical or scientific software packages (R/SPLUS, Mathematica, MATLAB, or similar)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
- Excellent program/project management skills.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite productivity tools.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communications skills at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated expertise in other business functions (e.g. finance, accounting, etc.)
- Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
- Ability to quickly assess situations, define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- In-depth knowledge across multiple aspects of the business (i.e., organizational structure, key management, current business processes and supporting systems and services, etc.)
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2341451-manager-treasury-systems
• Post ID: 28437812 orlando