What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Treasury Cash management and Financing execution team. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support.
This is the kind of work we do.
Corporate Treasury Team
Move beyond compiling data and help provide value added ideas to improve execution of capital markets transactions and cash management processes. The Treasury positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, initiating cash transactions, leveraging Treasury/Banking products and safeguarding corporate cash. You can have an impact on new business opportunities by assisting in bank account integration.
- Manage Verizon's cash management banking relationships and bank accounts.
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of bank account administration, tracking and reporting.
- Formalize bank relationship agreements in a manner that protects Verizon’s interests.
- Conduct semi-annual bank report card meetings.
- Issue bank reports (e.g., quarterly bank fee report, monthly open/close report, etc.) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work with various Verizon groups to reduce the number of bank accounts, where practical.
- Ensure that Verizon has the banking products and services needed at the best possible prices to allow for the most efficient and effective management of cash.
- Perform monthly bank fee analysis in a timely manner to ensure that bank charges are in accordance with negotiated pricing.
- Enhance and maintain the efficiency and effectiveness of bank fee analysis and processing.
- Meet with banks to keep up with current products and services.
- Meet with groups using bank products and services to understand their needs.
- Participate in industry and bank forums, meetings and conferences.
- Periodically review account signer lists to ensure they include the appropriate US signers on foreign bank accounts. Coordinate gathering and review of data on foreign bank accounts and their signatories, for both signatory and other authority, and provide required details to US Corporate Tax on a timely basis. Enhance the efficiency and timeliness of Verizon’s FBAR process.
- Identify and drive initiatives to leverage advancements in Fintech to improve efficiency (i.e. Blockchain).
- Complete performance agreements and reviews.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of Treasury, Accounting, and/or financial analysis experience.
- Six years of relevant experience, including supervisory experience.
- Experience with Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office Suite with proven focus on spreadsheet and presentation applications.
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- A professional certification (e.g. CTP, CFA, CPA).
- Understanding of corporate treasury, banking products, and services offered by banks
- Knowledge of key organizations that interact with Treasury e.g., Bill to Cash, Accounts Payable, and Payroll.
- Familiar with the preparation of General Ledgers, Basic Knowledge Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and SOX controls.
- Proficiency in Treasury applications (i.e. Quantum, Reval, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for Treasury – Cash Management related issues.
- Accountable for making decisions and recommendations to ensure the quality and delivery of all the products and services.
- Design, develop and implement methods and strategies to continually improve processes.
- Present and communicate to all levels of the business.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2341456-manager-banking-relations
• Post ID: 28437917 orlando