What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Treasury Cash management and Financing execution team. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do.
Corporate Treasury Team
Move beyond compiling data and help provide value added ideas to improve execution of capital markets transactions and cash management processes. The Treasury positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, initiating cash transactions, leveraging Treasury/Banking products and safeguarding corporate cash. You can
have an impact on new business opportunities by assisting in bank account integration.
- Provide consulting support to department members on the technical aspects of cash management systems, software and transactions.
- Initiate projects to improve productivity and/or reduce costs through the application of information management technologies. This includes analyzing requirements, evaluating various alternatives, developing initial design and determining action plans for implementation.
- Evaluate and enhance the communication and interfaces to and from other Verizon systems with respect to differing types of financial transactions.
- Design, develop and support specialized Treasury cash management applications and effects on cash reporting. Recommends automated solutions to improve processes.
- Act as a liaison between Treasury and major financial institutions on information management issues. Work closely with Cash Management team to ensure all bank activity automatically parses into Treasury Workstation and is not posted manually.
- Provides subject matter expertise and collaboration with banking and accounting stakeholders directly to facilitate, educate and support the adoption of new platforms and data.
- Monitor information management trends in corporate cash management, banking and application of new techniques to increase the department’s productivity.
- Support the Treasury Intranet Home page and manage information integrity of financial reports associated with all Treasury departments on the home page.
- Implements, documents, and provides user training on all bank software packages. Serves as the Lead for internal requests for access to bank systems.
- Evaluates, creates and maintains user’s capabilities per SOX controls.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of Treasury, Accounting, and/or financial analysis.
- Four or more years of relevant experience.
- SQL knowledge in Oracle and MS SQL Server.
- Experience with Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office Suite with proven focus on spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and prioritize tasks to meet the needs of the business.
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Understanding of corporate treasury, banking reporting products, and bank services.
- Proficiency in Treasury applications (i.e. Quantum, Reval, etc.)
- Experience with Advanced Visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
- Experience deploying and adapting to new and emerging tools (e.g., robotic process automation, natural language generation, etc.)
- Skilled at integrating internal and external information and turning findings or raw data into meaningful information
- Proficiency with statistical or scientific software packages (R/SPLUS, Mathematica, MATLAB, or similar)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
- Excellent program/project management skills.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite productivity tools.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communications skills at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated expertise in other business functions (e.g. finance, accounting, etc.)
- Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
- Ability to quickly assess situations, define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- In-depth knowledge across multiple aspects of the business (i.e., organizational structure, key management, current business processes and supporting systems and services, etc.)
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2341450-lead-financial-analyst-treasury-systems
• Post ID: 28437802 orlando