What you’ll be doing...
This position supports general accounting function and reports to a Senior Accounting Manager. The utilization of IT and Accounting skills will be essential to support complex assignments and projects for the department.
- Performs complex analytical assignments and prepares accounting related treatment as an individual contributor.
- Provides subject matter expertise on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to support the proper treatment for business transactions.
- Engages the team and establishes priorities for project management of related initiatives including impact on systems.
- Leads complex accounting projects with little or no direction, including development of new stakeholder reports.
- Interacts with key stakeholders outside of accounting.
- Reviews and enhances the monthly balance sheet account reconciliations on an ad-hoc basis for Operating Expense related accounts and assists senior analysts & analysts in researching differences.
- Uses their financial and accounting experience and acumen to analyze and interpret data to make any recommendations on possible courses of action as appropriate.
- Effectively engages the team to successfully complete multiple and diverse deliverables; is accountable for the related accounting treatment, completeness and accuracy of the work product.
- Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Identifies opportunities to increase the leveraging of systems and applications by the user community to enhance business systems optimization for the overall process to minimize manual work‐around and stand‐alone systems.
- Identifies and drives improvement opportunities for Accounting and works closely with either internal teams or service providers (if any) to ensure improvement opportunities are implemented.
- Responsible for escalations from internal customers and responses to customer inquiries, ensuring issue and error resolution while analyzing issue drivers and taking mitigating actions.
- Ensures adequate controls are in place over financial processes and results.
- Ensures compliance and adherence with controls for internal policies and external regulations.
- Plans and structures work activities and sets deadlines. Subsequently monitors progress on tasks.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including Excel and Access; knowledge of report query and design using Access, Excel or other software products.
- Knowledge of FASB and SEC requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, tax reporting and accounting practices.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and applications including SAP, PeopleSoft, CPM/Essbase, Hyperion Financial Management, and/or Blackline.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or equivalent.
- CPA, or in process of obtaining with parts passed.
- Experience in technology or telecom industry, including knowledge of call flows and carrier contracts.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management.
- Attention to detail; excellent written and oral communications skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2369410-lead-accountant-general-accounting
• Post ID: 28438107 orlando