What you’ll be doing...
The FP&A Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Center of Excellence Team
Reshaping the future of FP&A at Verizon, calls for improving our ability to deliver exceptional value to our customers. Being a part of the Center of Excellence (COE) team you will work alongside financial professionals and business leaders, gaining opportunities to grow and develop to build a strong FP&A foundation. You will be involved in, target setting, reporting & analysis, planning and forecasting, and guiding the strategic direction across Verizon. Explore the breadth of opportunities that come with aligning your expertise with the future of superior networks, systems, analytics and video, to improve the way people live work and play.
- Own all aspects of production and communication of standard and ad-hoc reporting, presentation materials; and profitability analysis.
- Accountable for the process and final work product reporting & analysis deliverables as defined by the Service Delivery, Corporate, Business Unit, and Corporate Shared Services teams.
- Act at the Center of Excellence as a subject matter expert in presenting commentary and business insight for inclusion in business performance reviews as well as provide resolutions to business performance issues.
- Functional expert in business knowledge and acumen to provide guidance and insights on capital needs profitability analysis, specific sensitivity/trending/NPV analysis, and metric related information.
- Accountable for the management and delivery of the overall profitability (costing) services, including analysis and modeling.
- Drive execution of action plans for business performance reporting and ad-hoc analysis generated for the client.
- Direct special projects and ad-hoc analysis and support.
- Present insights on promotional offers, customer lifetime value, and volume lift and churn reduction to define and execute action plans.
- Present and communicate to all levels of the business.
What we’re looking for...
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of work experience in a Financial Reporting, Analysis, Budgeting or Forecasting role
- Six or more years of experience using Microsoft Excel, including the ability to perform lookups, pivot tables and nested if/then statements and sum/if formulas
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Master's degree or professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA, CFA)
- Eight or more years of work experience in a FP&A role
- Four or more years of experience with management reporting and/or financial planning/modeling (e.g., forecasting, budgeting, business planning)
- Experience with reporting and/or analyzing full P&L statement
- Experience with design and implementation of financial systems and applications
- Experience with organizational control environments and governance processes
- Experience with a large (i.e., Fortune 500) corporate environment
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry
- Two or more years of experience with data mining or planning applications (e.g., Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion, Anaplan, Cognos or Business Intelligence tools)
- Experience with large datasets as well as OBIEE, Tableau, SQL, and/or similar data mining tools
- Experience with complex ERP systems (e.g., SAP, PeopleSoft)
- Demonstrated communication skills, including demonstrated ability to engage with colleagues and present to senior leaders; ability to understand and explain business and financial terms and concepts
- Demonstrated strong organizational and strategic decision making skills
- Demonstrated experience with process management, including the ability to proactively identify and asses risks and opportunities
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, including root cause analysis and improvement
- Demonstrated experience leading teams of people
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to cooperate and work effectively within a team
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Participation in a Corporate Leadership Development Program
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2409419-finance-manager-reporting-and-analysis
• Post ID: 28796142 orlando