What you’ll be doing...
This position helps Bill to Cash teams to implement savings through automating repetitive desktop functionality using tools such as Pega/OpenSpan, VBA, C#, and by providing reporting support using Quantus/OBIEE.
- Helps B2C teams to identify the potential projects for automation including working with users to document the benefits/cost savings associated with the projects.
- Maintains the backlog of potential automation projects.
- Works with business owners to prioritize automation projects within the backlog.
- Works with users to develop "Initial Customer Designs" for potential automation projects.
- Writes "High Level Designs" for potential automation projects including determining the best automation tools and time estimates for potential automation projects.
- Ensures business owner signoff on High Level Designs before development begins.
- Develops automations using Pega/OpenSpan, VBA, C#,.NET and other desktop automation tools as required.
- Develops/manages and maintains ETLs and reports using SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and tableau. Knowledge of Microsoft Server administration, SQL in application development and SDLC is a plus.
- Performs testing and user acceptance test for automations.
- Maintains Project Status tracking using team tools such as SharePoint and OneNote.
- Provides data that can be used to track metrics on automations results.
- Provides reporting support on Quantus / OBIEE including support for work requests, customer issues, data testing, and reporting.
- Handles issue escalations from internal customers or delivery partners and responds to customer inquiries as requested, ensuring issue and error resolution.
- Ensures all development goes through appropriate requirements gathering, approval, test and deployment processes.
- Reports progress on development at project meetings and escalate issues or slippage in a timely fashion, identify remedial action to keep all projects on track.
- Leads or participates, as required, in training and skills development initiatives as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Identifies improvement opportunities for teams in work flow / processes.
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies for their assigned work stream or function(s).
- Ensures compliance with internal policies and controls, and with external regulations.
- Assists in assessing the services delivered by the service providers (if any) and validating that performance metrics established by service level agreements are met as applicable.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, Computer related degree, or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Willingness to travel if required.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Two or more years of experience in developing applications or automations using .NET C# or VBA, or equivalent experience.
- Basic project management skills.
- Capability to develop business requirements through participation in requirements gathering sessions.
- Demonstrated understanding of systems and interdependencies of processes and data.
- Experience in system used with B2C including working knowledge of system relations and key processes.
- Intermediate level of understanding for software development and testing.
- Intermediate level of understanding for report query and design - including ability to create database queries.
- Intermediate level of understanding of business intelligence tools such as Quantus, Tableau, or Cognos including ability to create report.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to build customer, developer, team, and IT relationships that enable productive workflows.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2394908-automations-developer
• Post ID: 28437942 orlando