What you’ll be doing...
This position leads and directs a team of accountants and reports to a senior manager in accounting.
- Works with the sr. accounting manager to ensure the appropriateness and accuracy of the monthly accounting in compliance with GAAP and FASB requirements.
- This position will also take a more leading role in the company’s efforts to comply with the requirements of Sarbanes Oxley.
- Conducts the documentation of complex accounting projects. Ensures compliance and adherence with controls for internal policies and external regulations.
- Directs efforts in developing, implementing, and maintaining systems, procedures and policies for the group. Leverages system and technology knowledge to drive simplification efforts.
- Leads and directs a team of accountants responsible for assisting with the month end close, financial statement analysis and other tasks related to maintenance and general accounting functions.
- Plans and structures work activities and sets deadlines for their team. Subsequently monitors the progress and results of team activities.
- Responsible for recruiting, staffing, professional development and/or disciplinary action as needed and provides input to management on their team's overall performance.
- Leads efforts for developing the skills and experience of their staff.
- Provides subject matter expertise on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to support the proper treatment for business transactions.
- Effectively engages the team to successfully complete multiple and diverse deliverables; is accountable for the related accounting treatment, completeness and accuracy of the work product. Assists in establishing required linkages to the global finance organization.
- Contributes to the formulation of the overall management strategy of the Accounting organization.
- Identifies and drives improvement opportunities for Accounting and works closely with either internal teams or service providers (if any) to ensure improvement opportunities are implemented.
- Responsible for escalations from internal customers and responses to customer inquiries, ensuring issue and error resolution while analyzing issue drivers and taking mitigating actions.
- Plans and structures work activities and sets deadlines. Subsequently monitors progress on tasks.
- Oversee the scheduling of the monthly data programs and ensure all information is properly updated and mapped correctly.
- Interprets reports and records for managers, making recommendations on possible courses of action.
- Interacts with stakeholders from within and outside of the Accounting organization to respond in an accurate and timely fashion to inquiries related to the group’s activities.
- Maintains on‐going interaction with client groups and other functional areas relating to objectives, deliverables, resource allocation and related matters.
- Leads reviews for accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and applications including SAP, PeopleSoft, CPM/Essbase, Hyperion Financial Management, and/or Blackline.
- Knowledge of FASB and SEC requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, tax reporting and accounting practices.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Access.
Even better if you have:
- Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or equivalent.
- CPA certification or in the process of attaining the CPA certification.
- Advanced understanding of report query and design using Access, Excel or other software products.
- Attention to detail; strong written and oral communications skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2315691-accounting-supervisor-general-accounting
• Post ID: 28437937 orlando